You’ve heard them before, the three R’s; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Why not apply that mantra to Christmas?
I encourage you to think how you can make your loved ones gifts for the season. Stumped for ideas?
- Perhaps your dad fancies himself as a wine connoisseur. Why not give him a nice bottle of wine and some great cheese and crackers? Get some inspiration from Harry & David but make it personal by selecting everything yourself and wrapping in a basket he can resue for his own needs.
- Does your sister enjoy fine things? Learn to knit this easy hat pattern but make it special with cashmere yarn.
- Is your mother in to gardening? Gather up loads of catalogues and make a gift certificate to help her out with her spring planting.
If you don’t have a creative bone in your body there are people out there who are making wonderful items from recycled materials.
- Melanie over at My Sweet Savannah has a booth at the Ruffles n Rust gallery in Snohomish, WA as well as at Etsy store. This year she made Christmas trees out of spare pieces of molding.
- Jennifer at Dear Lillie is getting ready for the holiday with a give away and tons of holiday themed pillows and stockings.
- Click on over the Brooklyn Limestone for ideas on creative hand made holiday items.