>Thank you to Notes From the Frugal Trenches for this post today. It really echos one of the areas I need to focus on better. Five things you should do every day to get or stay healthy. Part of my focus is not just fiscal health but my actual health.
1. Fruits/Veggies – I have been much better about getting fruit/veggies in my daily diet. Five servings every day is still a challenge some days but with payday tomorrow I can make a grocery list and make certain I have enough to get me through the day every day.
2. Water – Some days I am good at getting enough water and other days not so much. I am trying to cut back on the caffeine consumption. We have been pretty good about Starbucks only twice a week and bringing our coffee from home.
3. Exercise – The bain of my existence right now which is so sad because I used to really love it. I have an elliptical machine at home and some really great tapes and DVD’s. I have resolved to do something twice a week along with my Sunday walks with my friend. I’d really like to start rock climbing but want to lose a bit of weight first.
4. Sleep – Yet another area where I do not excel. I normally go to bed around midnight and even though my alarm is set for six I usually sleep in until six-thirty. Really need to shoot for minimally seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
5. Social interaction – I used to be good at this. Although lately sometimes it’s hard for me to go out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I never used to be that way but have become some what of a recluse in the last several years. Need to get out more and need to have date night with the hubs more too.