1. Italy & Greece – One of my dreams is to take a year off and roam western Europe. All of it. This is certainly a big chunk of the world but a year would give me plenty of time to see what I want to see. In the event I can’t take that year the first countries I want to visit in Western Europe would be Italy and Greece. I am fascinated by all of the ancient things about both of those countries. Not to mention seeing the canals of Venice, the hills of Tuscany, the Cinquetere and the Acropolis and Delphi.
2. England, Scotland & Ireland – My hubby is of Scottish ancestry and we would both love to see the country and visit Edinburgh Castle and kiss the Blarney stone. I would even try haggis which is just a bunch of liver, onion and oatmeal. Just visiting London could take a month in itself. I recently watched a travel show on the UK and didn’t even realize Harrod’s started as a market. In fact, they have a huge food market inside.
3. Czech Republic, Croatia & Turkey – Most of my heritage is Czech and I really would love to see the country. Croatia and Turkey are beautiful and often passed over for other more popular European countries on the Mediterranean. There is something romantic about these misunderstood countries I think.
4. – Russia & Tibet- My hubby has a co-worker who speaks fluent Russian and just took a job over there. I know there are a lot of rules as far as visiting that country and it’s “always” covered in snow. I do think there is so much interesting history there.
5. India & Cambodia – I love Indian food and culture and hope to one day visit. So much has changed in this global economy. I would also love to see the temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
6. Egypt, Morroco & Tunisia – I have always been fascinated by the Pharaoh’s, traditions and pyramid’s of Egypt. One of my favorite films is Death on the Nile which was originally a book by Agatha Christie. It just seems so romantic to me to float down the Nile river in the late 1920’s.
There are oh so many more places I want to see like Argentina, Costa Rica, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain, Iceland Eastern Canada & Sweden. I hope to see as much as I can!